Monday, October 22, 2012

Butterfly Baby Shower - Part I - Decor

Here is the Butterfly Baby Shower
my friend Karren and I hosted last year
for our friend Rachel.

The invitation 
purple, lilac, and mauve matched the nursery colours

Butterflies in the Air!
I made three 30 foot long butterfly garlands to hang from the ceiling. A friend cut several butterflies on her Silhouette craft cutter, then I stitched them together on my sewing machine. 


I also suspended white paper lanterns from my ceiling (and attached a few single butterflies)

A petite garland draped over my entryway mirror
(Here I caught the mom-to-be taking pictures)

Dining Area
White table cloths, white china, sparkling silverware

Centerpieces: 
Purple Pansy Bouquets
and Whimsical Butterflies

Birdcages and Bird Statuary

3 comments:

Judi Newbold said...

How did you sew the butterfly garlands together? Did you use fish wire or ribbon? If I am not mistaken, the butterflies are made from paper, right?

MMW said...

Judi! the butterflies are cut from light cardstock. And I simply sewed them together with regular thread on my sewing machine. Longest stitch, and just feed them in one at a time. Go slowly. I recommend having a few butterflies to practice on first..until you get the hang of it. Then it's a piece of cake from there. Good luck. MMW

Maria Kotau said...

Amazing!!!!